One of my favorite ways to prepare sweet potatoes. Let’s get to it…
Here are my recipes:
1/4 cup mayo
1 garlic clove smashed
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2-3 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
• Add all ingredients into a small bowl and combine.
• Chill in the refrigerator and allow flavors to meddle
• Stir and remove hunk of garlic before serving.
Crisp & Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Chips
One medium sweet potato (peeled, rinsed, cut into chips – about 1/8 inch thick, soaked in cold water for at least 30 mins., drained and dried with paper towels)
1 tablespoon of cornstarch put into a (gallon) plastic food storage zipper bag
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Put cut sweet potatoes in the cornstarch bag (with as much air as possible), zip close and shake like crazy until each chip is coated evenly in the starch.
• Combine oil, cumin and chipotle powder in a big bowl.
• Add sweet potatoes to the bowl and toss to evenly coat the potatoes in spices and oil.
• Layer potatoes onto a large baking sheet (lined with non-stick foil), allowing a little space between each disc. Try not to crowd the pan or else they won’t crisp up.
• Bake for 15 minutes, flip each disc over, and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the edges are brown.
• Immediately salt to taste and serve with dipping sauce.
Straight from the oven. Hot. Crisp. Sweet. Spicy. Tangy. Delicious!