This was suppose to be 100% zucchini patties, but I didn’t have enough fresh zucchini. So, instead of going to the store, I used a small potato.
Let’s get into the recipe…
Here is the recipe: (adapted from food.com by Kittencal)
Gluten-Free Zucchini Potato Patties
1 packed cup coarsely grated zucchini (unpeeled)
1 packed cup coarsely grated potato (peeled)
1 large egg, slightly beaten
4 green onions (finely chopped)
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
olive oil ( for frying)
• Hand squeeze out as much of the moisture in the zucchini and potato as possible (this is important!).
• Place the zucchini and potato in a large bowl.
• Add in all remaining ingredients except oil.
• Mix well to combine.
• Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
• Drop the zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoons into hot oil and fry on both sides until golden brown.
• Serve with sour cream.
After frying them brown on both sides, I did pop them into a 350 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes. Just to make sure the middles were cooked through. I don’t like the idea of eating uncooked egg.
These patties were good! Hot out the pan. Crisp on the outside, cheesy zucchini/potato-y on the inside. Spicy. Next time I might cut back on the black pepper, just a tad. I bought a new mill of peppercorns and they are less fruity than my favorite brand, more spicy/hot. Next time I might also add bacon. Mmh…