This recipe is nifty if you like to drink chai regularly.
Here is the recipe: (adapted from food.com, by rsarahl)
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (14 ounce) cans condensed milk ( sweetened or unsweetened)
1 teaspoon vanilla
• Pour condensed milk, vanilla and spices into the blender and blend on high speed for a few seconds until the milk looks evenly “flecked” with spices.
• Pour mixture into a clean jar or container with a lid.
• Refrigerate at least 24 hours.
• Add up to 2 teaspoons (or more, if you like) to a cup of good, strong black tea.
* This chai concentrate will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
I skipped the cloves (because, I don’t really like the taste) and couldn’t wait the 24 hours to taste this. I cleaned out the remainder of the concentrate from the blender by pouring in a cup of hot tea, and blending. Yum! Warm, creamy, spiced goodness.
For more spice, I read (in a bunch of chai recipe reviews) that a bit of fresh black pepper can be added. I couldn’t bring myself to try it though.