No deep frying. No grease.
Just potato. Extra virgin olive oil. Garlic. Fresh rosemary. Sea salt and spices.
These thick-cut fries take about 20 minutes in the oven.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com by Lazy Gourmet)
Quick & Crispy, Thick Oven Fries
2 large idaho baking potatoes, scrubbed under running water
1 big garlic clove, peeled & smashed
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
crushed red pepper flakes, fresh black pepper and sea salt, to taste
• Heat oven to 550 degrees (or, as high as your oven goes).
• Halve each potato, then cut each half in 4 slices lengthwise.
• Warm olive oil and garlic together in a large sauce pan over very low heat (Just for a minute or two, until the garlic simmers in the oil and the essence releases into the oil. Be careful not to burn.).
• Remove all pieces of garlic, then add potatoes to the pot and toss until evenly coated in the oil.
• Layer potatoes on a large baking sheet, lined with non-stick foil.
• Season each one with rosemary, red pepper, black pepper, and sea salt.
• Roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping the potatoes over midway through.