This is pretty much a “set it & forget it” type of recipe, as these ribs are seasoned with a rub, then slow-cooked in the oven for a couple hours.
That’s right! No grilling required.
You gotta try this!
Here is the recipe: (adapted from food.com, by Dug)
Oven Rubbed Ribs
4 racks of pork ribs (or as many racks as required)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon mustard powder
2 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons brown sugar
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• Cut pork ribs into sections of 3 or 4 bones (we like to cut them to 2 bones)
• Mix remaining ingredients well, sprinkle on both sides of ribs and rub into the meat.
• Seal rib sections in heavy duty foil, with a tablespoon of water in each package
• Bake for 2 hours on a cookie sheet, in the center of the oven.
• Open foil carefully as steam escapes, and remove cooked ribs.
• Put them into a shallow baking pan (lined with non-stick foil for easy removal/cleanup), and crisp under the broiler for a few minutes or until the edges are a bit browned.
• Brush on your favorite BBQ sauce.