These were some pretty good muffins.
Dense, but light. Slight crunch on the outside, and soft on the inside. Delicate orange flavor. Very easy to make!
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by Loof)
Orange Tangerine Chocolate Muffins
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon tangerine zest
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
• Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with paper or foil liners.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and tangerine zest.
• In another bowl, combine orange juice, oil, vanilla, milk, and egg.
• Add orange juice mixture to dry ingredients & stir just until mixed.
• Fold in the chocolate chips.
• Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with batter.
• Bake for 18-20 minutes.
The original recipe calls for orange peel. I zested 3 tangerines (as that is what I had at the time), and baked these up for Husband on Valentine’s Day morning.
What I thought was Valentine’s Day, was actually the day before. Still. My heart was in the right place, and that place smelled like an amazing bakery. 😉