Okay. What comes to mind when you hear the word…meatloaf?
I know my face inherently turns downward. I just can’t get excited about a loaf of meat. Husband on the other hand…he was so happy to be taking the leftovers in to work. Which made me smile. It’s the best feeling, when your efforts are genuinely appreciated.
This turkey meatloaf was actually pretty good! Incredibly moist.
I had some ground turkey to use up, and had no clue what to make. Meatloaf kept popping into my brain. So I went with it.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com by tootyflooty)
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
3/4 cup catsup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• Melt butter in a skillet.
• Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
• Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with onion mixture.
• Press meatloaf into an 8×4-inch loaf pan.
• Spread remaining 1/2 cup catsup on top.
• Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes.(Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.)
• Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
So…I made this wrong. Twice.
I never made meatloaf before this & didn’t really read the directions well.
My mistake?…I mixed in all the catsup. Instead of only 1/4 cup. Oops! This might’ve made my meatloaf more juicy (?) so, I’ll probably continue making it wrong.
Please let me know (if you make this correctly & spread the catsup on top) how this turns out for you.