Hmm. These didn’t have much flavor. And yet, they still got gobbled up.
Well…they are chocolate chip cookies!
Soft & chewy texture. Simple recipe. Let’s get into it…
Here is the recipe: (adapted from food.com by Marg)
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup real butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
1 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
• Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
• In a separate bowl, beat butter until creamy.
• Add sugar and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
• Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
• Add flour mixture, and beat slowly to incorporate, then beat to blend well.
• Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
• Drop batter in 2-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
• Bake until edges of cookies are brown but an area about 1 inch wide in the center is still pale, about 10 minutes.
• Let cookies cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to a plate or cooling rack.
These were good. Next time, I may melt & brown the butter for more flavor. 🙂