Simple & quick recipe for delicious chops!
Here is the Recipe: (Adapted from epicurious.com)
Parmesan Sage Pork Chops
3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 large egg
1/8 cup all-purpose flour
2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (each about 1-inch thick)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• Preheat oven to 425°F.
• Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, sage and lemon peel in pie dish.
• Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend.
• Place flour on plate; season generously with salt and pepper.
• Coat pork chops on both sides with flour; shake off excess.
• Dip chops into eggs, then coat on both sides with breadcrumb mixture.
• Melt butter with oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
• Add pork chops to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
• Transfer skillet with pork to oven.
• Bake until pork chops are crisp on the outside and meat thermometer inserted into pork registers 150°F, about 20 minutes.
Juicy & tender inside, yet crispy outside.
The sage & lemon zest went together really well.
These pork chops tasted & smelled fantastic!
If you make this, I recommend placing the chops on a wire rack after taking them out of the oven. Allow a few minutes resting time before serving.
For the apples, I peeled, cored, and sliced one rome beauty apple (it was a farmers market pick). Then, sauteed it for several minutes until softened with a pat of butter & dark brown sugar.