- I’m not serious enough about exercising. I’ve bookmarked exercising videos, borrowed my sister-in-law’s Zumba, and gotten advice/support from my husband. And yet, I’ve done nothing! Seeing him get fit, I sometimes feel like the left behind…the lesser “healthy” of our relationship. I don’t appreciate the fact that my mind only tries to motivate me by visualizing us at an older age. He is spry, and I’m somewhere sitting, talking about how “tired” I feel. Then, my “older mind” interjects with recorded imagery of us now: him training hard for his second marathon, and me sitting…& stuffing my face with friggin’ doughnuts. 🙁 Ugh.
Get to it!
- I rarely feel my age, but when my youngest sister uses the words “now that I’m getting older”, I am instantly reminded.
- I like feeling content. Like things could be better…but, I’m good right here. Sometimes I want more. More often, I feel pressure to want more.
- Every year, around this time, I miss being a student.
- Wandering around downtown is so much fun! I missed this so much. Everyone is so good-looking!
- There were times this year where I felt something click. I remember feeling extremely satisfied with who I am, and the person I’ve grown into. I wish I’d written down why I felt that way, because now, I have no idea.