To brew coffee using the pour-over method, you literally have to stand over your cup or coffee pot & pour hot water over the grounds.
It sounds simple, but it is a very meticulous (yet relaxing) process.
The results are totally worth the effort! And would probably make you unplug & pack up your auto-drip coffeemaker for good.
To make great pour-over coffee, the proper tools are required:
- A kettle to hold the hot water. Doesn’t this one look amazing?! The spout is said to give a great, controlled pour.
- A filter. The size/shape should fit the dripper.
- Good coffee. Grinding whole beans fresh is highly suggested.
- A dripper/Coffee Filter Cone. Skip the plastic ones. Over time, they retain smells that can distort coffee flavor. Opt for a ceramic, porcelain, or heat-proof glass.
- Coffee carafe (or cup). This should adequately fit underneath the dripper, to catch the most amazing coffee you’ll ever taste at home!
4 & 5 can be purchased separately, or (as pictured) together in a neat-looking, coffee pot set.
Here’s an awesome video, demonstrating the process!