We waited in line for almost an hour. In 90 degree temps.
I just about died, but the wait was well worth it!
3800 N Pulaski (2 blocks south of Irving Park Road)
Chicago, IL 60641
Husband & I went on a late Sunday afternoon. We were surprised at how busy the place was. It was past lunch time, but a bit early for dinner.
Or so, we thought.
The line was out the door when we walked up & quickly grew twice (maybe even thrice) as long, when we’d finally made it up to the counter to place our order.
We knew Smoque was popular, but not that popular!
Maybe it’s the summer-time desire for BBQ, or people had the same idea we had (brought to us very recently by the Chicago restaurant review program, Check Please).
Smoque is an awesome BBQ restaurant!
They had a water cooler & cups outside for
melting waiting customers. The staff was very nice & helpful, especially with directing the crowd with seating.
[portfolio_slideshow autoplay=true slideheight=480 exclude=”7023,7024,7025″]
We ended up taking our food to go, as the available tables felt too compact for our comfort.
We’d definitely come back though!
Oh, the food!!! 😀
We ordered a bit of everything that Smoque is known for.
- Great pulled pork & excellent baby back ribs!!! The ribs didn’t need a drop of BBQ sauce. Very tender & flavorful!
- The brisket wasn’t bad. Very succulent, but seemed to lack seasoning/flavor without sauce.
- The BBQ sauce itself, was tasty! I’m a little sad we didn’t get to try the spicy version.
- Mac & cheese was good. Very creamy, cheesy & thick. A little too thick for my liking, but the pasta wasn’t soggy, which I can appreciate.
- The peach cobbler was very enjoyable! Not too sweet, hints of cinnamon, and the little crumb topping was very nice! I don’t really care for almonds, but here, it was a nice touch.
Have you been to Smoque?
*Photo slideshow may display awkwardly in blog readers & email subscriptions. Please visit the site for correct viewing.