This is it.
The ultimate recipe for fluffy, (original) pancakes.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from allrecipes.com by kris)
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
• Combine milk & vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
• Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
• Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk.
• Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and combine. (Some lumps are okay. Batter will be thick.)
• Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, and coat with a little melted butter.
• Pour batter onto the skillet, using a 1/4 measuring cup.
• Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip, and cook until browned on the other side.
The consistency is just right. Thick, but not too thick. And airy.
Fresh fruit syrup takes these pancakes over the top!
In case you missed this: Delicious Cornmeal Flapjacks!