Chocolate cake mix. Chocolate pudding mix. Chocolate chips.
I whipped these mini-bundt cakes up for Husbands birthday! He loves chocolate, and the mini-bundt plays a bit of a part in our courtship history.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by CCinSC)
Triple Chocolate Mini-Bundt Cakes
1 (16 1/4 ounce) package Duncan Hines Classic devil’s food cake mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package Jell-O instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups water
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Icing
4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar ( 10X)
2 -3 tablespoons hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Grease and flour bundt pan, set aside.
• In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix and chocolate chips.
• In another bowl, combine water, eggs, and vanilla mixing well.
• Add egg mixture to dry mixture and mix with spoon until just blended.
• Pour into prepared pan.
• Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done when wooden pick in center comes out clean.
• Cool 15 to 20 minutes before removing cake from pan.
• Combine all icing ingredients in bowl & whip
• Spoon over cakes
This cake was SO good! Very moist! Great chocolate flavor!!!
I would definitely make this again, but with the original recipe’s chocolate icing. The cream cheese icing was just okay for me. Husband LOVED it all! We refrigerated the extra cakes for later.