I love banana quick breads! They’re so easy to make, and taste delicious with a cup of coffee, or tea.
Quick Tip: The best tasting banana breads come from the “ugliest-looking” bananas! Make sure they are super ripe, with a plethora of brown-colored spots on peel.
I tried a couple new recipes, including an interesting Orange-Banana Nut bread, but…like most things, I prefer the classic (plain) kind.
Here is the Recipe: (from food.com by lkadlec)
Makes 10 (1-inch) slices
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 bananas, finely crushed
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• Cream together butter and sugar.
• Add eggs and crushed bananas.
• Combine well.
• Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
• Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
• Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
Keeps well, refrigerated.
This was absolutely delicious!!! Thick, moist, with a nice, buttery, banana flavor.
It took a tremendous amount of will-power not to go back for a third slice.