- Having Husband explain to me how to eat a handful of sunflower seeds at one time, and then, beating him in a sunflower seed eating contest
Why is this fantastic?! Because I beat him the “amateurs way”…eating one seed at a time. For the life of me, I can’t pop, crack, & eat a handful of these things, without mixing in the shells.
…& he was SO confident! What a hilarious half-hour that was!!! I don’t feel like we ate enough to warrant the numb tongue & lip feelings…
- Going to see The Avengers movie
The movie was very enjoyable! I feel like I must watch it again to catch all of the quick-witted jokes & jabs by Tony Stark. Loved, loved, LOVED The Hulk scenes! Still laughing at “the one”…I need a GIF of it.
- Hanging with my sister at the Chicago Natural Hair Expo & having one of my “40 by 40” come to life
This was beyond amazing!!! I had no plans to go, until my sister invited me. I don’t think she had any idea it was on my “list of things to do”…it’s just all very sweet how that happened.
- Meeting a MerelyMarie reader
It was so wonderful meeting you!!! I feel like I must apologize if my initial reaction was a bit like…”deer-in-the-headlights”. It was the first time anyone recognized me from the blog & thought to say hello. Anyway…I really appreciate you for your kind & encouraging words about the blog, and I’m very glad you stopped to say hi…definitely one of the highlights of my day 🙂
- Holding my 1-day-old niece for the first time
There are no words, just tons of love & warm/fuzzy feelings.
More photos & details coming up about attending my first natural hair event…I’m pooped…just too much fun & excitement bunched into two days!
How was your weekend?!
Did you go see The Avengers?