We scored a waffle maker last christmas, and I LOVE that thing! Mostly, because it means husband is making breakfast.
Here is the Recipe (adapted from food.com by Nimz):
Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 large egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup fresh blueberries (you can probably add more)
• In a mixing bowl, mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
• Add in the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla.
• Gently fold in blueberries.
• Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray.
• Pour approximately 1 cup of batter onto a preheated waffle iron.
• Cook until steaming stops and waffles are nicely browned and crisp.
• Serve with fruit or syrup
Nice texture combo of soft/fluffy & crispy!