I feel so good about eating these chips. They make a very nice “criispp” sound when biting into them, and they taste unbelievably good!
I tried kale, I think last year some time & it was nice, but I haven’t had the desire to eat any since.
Kale is tough & a bit bitter, but a super healthy food to eat, as it’s packed with vitamins (K, C, and A) & nutrients. I need them all, so I was excited to try this recipe!
Spicy Parmesan Kale Chips
2 – 3 Kale Leaves
1 – 1.5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup fresh grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt
a pinch of crushed red pepper
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Remove the stems.
• Wash under cold running water.
• Dry thoroughly. I used a salad spinner.
• Put kale into a large bowl, & add the olive oil (massaging/tossing until the kale no longer looks “ashy”).
• Add red pepper & massage/toss again, evenly.
• Tear each leaf into bite-sized pieces, and lay them on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. You want each chip to have adequate space around it, so they crisp up nicely.
• Season with salt.
• Bake for 5 minutes.
• Open oven & quickly shake the pan and/or use tongs to move the chips around. This aids in even browning & preventing them from burning. Again, make sure there is space around each piece.
• Bake an additional 5 minutes. The kale should shrink a bit more & start to get nice & crisp.
• Remove pan from oven, toss once more, then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.
• Put pan back in the oven & bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
• Remove chips from oven.
If you’re here via Pinterest, Welcome 🙂
I’m happy to answer any questions you may have about this delicious recipe!
Please feel free to share how this turned out for you, in a comment below, if you tried these chips.