The parmesan adds a nice flavor, and the garlic is not overwhelming. Nice crisp on the potato skin…this was pretty tasty as a side dish, and even tastier in a small bowl as a late Saturday afternoon lunch.
Here is the Recipe:
6 small yukon gold potatoes
1/2 tablespoon melted butter
1 clove garlic minced
3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
4 tablespoons grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
chopped fresh parsley
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
• Scrub potatoes under running cold water, & pat dry with paper towel
• Cut each potatoes into equal sized wedges (quarters)
• Place them into a bowl
• Melt butter in a small ramekin and add the minced garlic to combine flavors
• Pour garlic butter over potatoes
• Toss well
• Sprinkle on the salt and parmesan cheese
• Layer potatoes on the baking sheet, skin sides up
• Spoon or spatula any remaining mixture in the bowl onto the potatoes
• Bake for 40-45 minutes
• Flip potatoes over after 20 minutes.
• Before serving, garnish with fresh parsley.
Optional: 5 minutes before removing from oven, sprinkle on some extra cheese.
* This is an original blog post from my discontinued food blog, Eats & Everything.