Creamy, flavorful, and filling. This chowder was amazing and easy to make!
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from Recipezaar, by Malriah)
2 cups diced potatoes
2 cups cooked sweet corn
3 strips precooked bacon (chopped finely)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups boiling hot chicken broth
1 cup Half and Half milk
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon cornstarch combined with 1 tablespoon cold water
• In a large pot, melt the butter and saute onions until tender/translucent
• Add in all other ingredients except milk and cornstarch/water mixture, & stir
• Cook over medium high heat, until potatoes are tender
• Add milk and cornstarch/water mixture, stirring well
• Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, stirring often
• Garnish with cheese and/or chopped green onion (optional)
For a complete meal, serve with cornbread.
• For more flavor, cook 4 strips of raw bacon (in the pot you plan to cook the chowder in). Pour off some of the bacon fat before sauteing the onions, so the chowder isn’t greasy.
• For the chicken broth, I used 1 1/2 teaspoons of Better than Bouillon Chicken Base and 1 1/2 cups of water