Bought these beauties from the farmers market*, mainly, because the color was so pretty! Roasted them, and…
Pretty tasty though. We ate them with Chicken Lazone, a new recipe that I tried for a quick weeknight meal.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by Luby Luby Luby)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
4 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 cup heavy cream
• Mix salt, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder
• Pound chicken breast to tenderize, then coat in seasoning mix
• In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter
• Over med high heat, cook chicken breast (flipping once, about 4 minutes per side)
• Pour cream into the pan, and lower heat
• Simmer for a few mins., stirring until sauce thickens
• Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter
• Once melted, plate chicken breast over a bed of rice or pasta, and top with sauce
The chicken was tender, and the sauce was rich. No chili flavor from the chili powder at all! Should I make this again, I’ll probably add some cayenne pepper. I love spice, and this was surprisingly mild. It was good though & super quick to make!
* This post is from the old blog. I wish there was a farmers market around in January!