Perfection is actually attainable.
Well…there are moments like: cooking a tender, juicy well-done steak, coming up with a genius design solution, or styling your hair so well even the elements can’t ruin it, instead they help it appear even better…
Moments that make you feel like it merely could not have been done any better.
It is, in fact, perfect.
Achieving perfect results has always been this driving force behind the things that I do. Sometimes I realize it’s presence, but most times it’s such a quiet energy.
When deciding to retire from my “perfectionist ways”, a little over a year ago, I’d only considered the bad that it’s made me feel. It wasn’t until today that I realized how it has also brought out some of the best in me, throughout my life.
- It’s made me research things, beforehand, to find the best/proper way.
- It’s made me give my very best, v.s. “half-assedness”.
- It’s made me care deeply.
- It’s made me smile ear-to-ear.
- It’s made me feel major feelings of accomplishment & joy.
So…is it bad?
Am I suppose to run from it?