Mexican Stew! It’s fast & delicious.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by Rose’s Granddaughter)
1 cup diced onions
1 – 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ready-cut diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
1 (11 ounce) can sweet Mexicorn
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
• Cook onion and garlic in oil in large saucepan until tender.
• Add cooked chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes, tomatoes with chilies, beans, and corn.
• Blend broth and cornstarch; add to saucepan.
• Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes; stirring occasionally.
• Serve with corn chips & a dollop of sour cream, or with cornbread for a more hearty meal.