Tired of steamed broccoli, I found a recipe for roasting it. Not bad!
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from foodnetwork.com)
1 broccoli head (enough for 1 person)
1 small garlic clove (minced)
extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
grated lemon zest
freshly squeezed lemon juice
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
• Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets, discarding the rest of the stalks. Cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. You should have about 1 cup of florets.
• In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and a pinch of salt & pepper (or just enough to season)
• Add the broccoli in & toss to cover the florets with the olive oil mixture
• Put on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer.
• Roast for 15-20 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned
• Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with a little olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and Parmesan
The added dressings after it comes out of the oven, made the broccoli taste wonderful but, there was also a slight “burnt” taste present as well. This I didn’t really care for. I roasted my broccoli for 18 minutes…maybe this was too long…maybe the oven was too high, too?. I may give this one another try though. Have you ever roasted broccoli? Time/temp suggestions?