Here’s how I took care of my relaxed hair, minus the relaxer application.
Relaxer touch ups:
About every 12 weeks. My sister did my touch ups.
Relaxer of choice:
Beautiful Beginnings, fine hair. When every store within a 2 mile radius of home was out of my “BB”, I cried first, then picked up a box of Organic Root Stimulator No-Lye, normal.
|2007 air dried foam roller set|
|2007 roller set|
|2008 roller set|
|2009 roller set|
The First 8 Weeks after a relaxer touchup…
Except for using ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Paks on occasion (these smelled so good), I used mostly Mizani products.
• Washed, Deep conditioned, and (using the Thermastrength Serum) Rollerset my hair & sat under a hooded dryer every week.
• If my roots were puffy, I’d flat iron them; first applying a bit of the high gloss serum.
Style & Maintenance:
• Wore my hair down curly, virtually every day.
• Maintained curls by pincurling or making a few bantu knots at night.
• Moisturized my hair as needed, during the week with hair dress
After about 8 Weeks post relaxer…
Mizani Thermasmooth System
Mizani High Gloss Serum & H20 Hair Dress
• Washed, Deep conditioned, and Flat Ironed my hair every week up to my “touch up” date
I followed this regimen closely for about 2 years. Sometimes using water & coconut oil to moisturize, instead of the Mizani hair dress.